Twelve Advantages of Love INC to Churches
- Helps generate untapped volunteer resources that already exist in local churches to meet needs both within and outside the church.
- Screens requests for help as to nature, extent, and legitimacy.
- Helps prevent church duplication of existing services already available in the community.
- Discovers if those requesting assistance are already receiving help from other churches or agencies. The Love INC screening process ensures legitimate needs are met.
- Provides long-term, self-help solutions for those who are chronically in need or have multiple needs.
- Enables churches to assist those outside of their own congregation and be good stewards of church resources.
- Helps prevent churches from building dependency in those they assist by discovering and solving problems at the root level.
- Helps the church to “own” its ministry to those in need, since Love INC is a Clearinghouse to assist churches to reach out.
- Helps provide specific, manageable opportunities for churches to reach out with God’s love to people in need.
- Lessens the burden of any one church by increasing the use of volunteers to meet legitimate needs and rotating assistance among network churches. Love INC is very cost-effective.
- Offers a unified witness of God’s love to the community as Christian churches work together in the name of Christ.
- Offers a proven, replicable model that can be easily translated in new communities. Love INC has an established track record in cities of all sizes.
Elements of a Church Partnership
Church partnerships are essential to Love INC. Without church partners, there is no Love INC. Each Love INC partner church commits to joining with other churches to provide volunteer and financial support for the operation of Love INC. Most often, in a comprehensive partnership, a church will demonstrate their commitment by:
- Introducing Love INC to the congregation.
- Referring requests for help to the Love INC Clearinghouse.
- Encouraging church members to participate in the ministry of Love INC.
- Organizing church members to serve by using their gifts and abilities.
- Accepting referrals for help from the Love INC Clearinghouse to existing ministries.
- Providing Clearinghouse volunteers from their church each year.
- Participating in the financial support of Love INC. This occurs at two levels: * Supporting the administrative costs of the local affiliate, e.g., budgeted salaries for Executive Director and Clearinghouse Coordinator as well as the general operating budget of Love INC of the Greater Livingston Area * Contributing to the benevolence fund which is used to service Love INC clients
- Praying for Love INC, clients, other partner churches, and for unity in the Body of Christ.
In addition, a church may also:
- Appoint one or more Church Ministry Coordinator(s) (CMC)/Love INC Ministry Coordinator (LMC) to be the liaison(s) between the Clearinghouse and the congregation.
- Create a church or joint church ministry to fill a gap in community services.
- Follow-up with a visit to people who have received help through the Love INC Clearinghouse.